Thursday, February 20, 2014

Commit to stay fit in Febuary




February can be just as bad as or even worse than Christmas with all the candy and chocolates but it doesn’t have to be. The key to success in any exercise program is finally coming to terms with what you really want out of life. Do you want to keep feeling bad or do you want to finally take charge and make a change for the better. This is never an easy decision to make and trust me I know more than anymore how hard it is. It was many years that I told myself I was too far gone that I could never be able to exercise the way they do in class. Everyone has different fitness needs and everyone starts off at different levels. Once you set your mind to it then you can accomplish anything. Fitness is an ongoing change of life. That’s the main thing anyone has to realize it’s a life changing event. It doesn’t matter your size what matters is what you are able to do. Choosing to change ones diet, and to lose weight is a great plan. However try looking at it a different way. I am making a choice to live longer, healthier and stronger. When we eat all the wrong foods and don’t exercise our bodies tend to react to that. You start getting diabetes, heart disease, even fibromyalgia. Diseases can get better and even reverse themselves. I know from someone that weighed 274 pounds I had diabetes, fibromyalgia, high cholesterol, and arthritis pain among other things. After losing 110 pounds and still going, I have no more pain. In fact my blood work is better than when I was in my twenties, I feel fantastic and know that I have another 60 years to live. My success started with kickboxing. Kickboxing is unlike any exercise program out there. Flowery Branch Kickboxing is different than any aerobic class or gym because everyone is trying to reach goals. When you find a place that supports and encourages you it becomes like a second family. See the one thing I tell everyone is just do it take that first step.  Now it’s time to make that change decide for yourself how you want to feel, you don’t have to settle.  So if you have pain and think you are so out of shape that you could never do something like kickboxing it’s time now to make that change and try it. The decisions we make now effect the future so if you have been thinking about it. There is no better time than right now. Just try!!
You don’t have to be the best, you don’t have to keep up with everyone else you just have to show up and do your best. The same thing goes with what you eat do not go to the extreme and cut out everything all at once. Start slow taking one thing away at a time. Once you do without it for a while then your body stops craving it.
Kristi Green
Flowery Branch Kickboxing